Proper stock management is essential for providing medicines to patients when and where they need them. This is especially important for people living with HIV because treatment is a lifelong commitment and adherence is critical to good outcomes. Pharmacists must be able to track, analyze, and manage stock information to prevent stock-outs, overstocks, and stock expiring on the shelf. Clinicians must be able to need to track dispensing of medications to ensure optimum patient care.
What Is RxSolution?
RxSolution is an electronic pharmaceutical management system used to manage inventory, purchase orders, stock issues to health facilities, and medication dispensing. RxSolution enables integrated stock management by:
- Monitoring the quantities of stock requested, ordered, received, and distributed
- Recommending quantities of stock to be ordered based on historical data
- Tracking batch/lot and expiry dates for all stock
- Tracking dispensing information for prescribers, dispensers, and patients
- Monitoring and controlling the movement of stock among institutions
Available in English and French
- Not web-based
- Has to be integrated into an existing financial package to get complete health management information system experience
Where it has been applied
, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Uganda. Currently, the system is running at more than 200 sites.
RxSolution was produced by the -funded Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services’ (SIAPS) predecessor, the Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) program. For more information, visit the .